Collection of Your Data
In order to provide you with products, services, and information, we may collect data that you directly provide. All your information is stored in a secured database. This information includes contact information (such as name, email address, shipping address, phone number, etc), financial information (such as billing address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age category, etc).
We also automatically collect data when you complete a transaction or use our services. This data includes transaction data (such as products purchased, date and location of transaction, etc), log data (such as the browser you used to access our website, IP address, and details about how you used our website), and cookie data (which helps us recognize your browser when you visit). You can learn more about how we use this data in "How Your Data Is Being Used", below. In order to enjoy the benefits of using our site, your browser should be set to accept cookies, but you always have the option of disabling cookies in your browser settings.
How Your Data Is Being Used
We use the data collected from you to:
- improve your in-store and online shopping experience
- communicate with you about your Basementeer membership (when applicable)
- send you details and confirmations about your product, rental, or service transactions
- prevent any fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities
- respond to your questions and provide customer service across multiple platforms
- tell you about products, offers, contests, surveys, events and other updates that we think may be of interest to you (but only if you've opted-in for such communication - see below)
- analyze general trends, usage, and activities
- personalize our website and communications and provide content that is specific to your interests
If you opt-in to receive communication from us by subscribing to our newsletter or by joining our Basementeer program, Benaras may send you emails about products, offers, contests, surveys, events and other updates that we think may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of this communication at the bottom of every email, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Data Storage and Sharing
Under no circumstances will we ever sell your data to a third party for their use. We will never allow your data to be made available to the public, and you will never receive emails, ads or other communication from other companies through the data you've provided us. Your data will only ever be shared under the following circumstances:
- with secure third parties in order to help us create a better user experience for you and understand your needs
- to process your Benaras purchase, rental or service transactions
- when you post a review or interact with our company on a public space, such as through social media (and in those cases, only the information you choose to display on those platforms will be shown)
- in the case of a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, customer information may be transferred to the new business owner
- in response to a request for information in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process
We engage the use of third-party platforms to serve our browser-based and platform-based ads and provide analytics, using cookies, web beacons, pixels and other technologies. We share encrypted customer data with these platforms in order to track the success of our content and deliver personalized ad content. For more information about personalized ads, or to opt-out of having your web browsing information used in this way, visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Third-party platforms such as Facebook or Google may have additional choices for opting out as well.
Access and Control of Your Information
Benaras will not store your data past the point of necessity. You may view your data by logging in to your account on Benaras's website. You may update or remove your data by emailing us at ContactUs@beneras.com or by calling Benaras Customer Service at (479) 321-2242. You have the right to view a complete list of your data by contacting us via email or phone as listed above. You may opt-out of any email communication by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us via email or phone as listed above. We may still send you transactional emails such as order confirmations. You may update your browser settings to disable cookies or location information as well.